American War of Independence chess pieces
Depicting the opposing sides of the American War of Independence, these pieces are cold-cast and stained to give an antique ebony/ivory finish.
- King: General George Washington
- Queen: Betsy Ross
- Bishops: Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson
- Knight: Marquis de Lafayette and Benedict Arnold
- Castle: Independence Hall, Philadelphia
- Pawn: Privates of the Third New Jersey Regiment
- King: King George III
- Queen: Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, wife of King George III
- Bishops: Sir William Howe and Frederick Lord North, Prime Minister to King George
- Knight: General Charles, Earl Cornwallis and Benedict Arnold
- Castle: Tower of London
- Pawn: Private of the Grenadier Company of the Coldstream Guards
Made from cold-cast powdered marble and resin in Somerset.
Due to being a hand painted artisan product, every set will be unique and your set will vary slightly in colour from the pictures on our website.
These playing pieces look beautiful on our traditional wood boards. A board is not included.