Lord of the Rings chess pieces
Commissioned by renowned English sculptor Dennis Fairweather, this set brings to life some of Lord of the Rings' most iconic characters. Approved by the Tolkien estate, the set is cold-cast and stained to give an antique finish, the two sides to this set are differentiated by an ebony/ivory colour.
The light side:
- King: Aragon, also known as Strider or the Heir of Isildur (3" tall)
- Queen: Lady Galadriel
- Bishop: Treebeard and Gandalf
- Knight: Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins
- Castle: Hobbit hole and Rivendell
- Pawn: Hobbits
The dark side:
- King: Sauron, the Dark Lord
- Queen: Shelob
- Bishop: Saruman the White and Gollum
- Knight: Nazguls
- Castle: The dark tower of Sauron in Mordor and the mines of Moria
- Pawn: Orcs
Included is a card identifying each figure and providing information and history on each. Antique finish only, made from cold-cast powdered marble and resin in Somerset.
Due to being a hand painted artisan product, every set will be unique and your set will vary slightly in colour from the pictures on our website.
These playing pieces look beautiful on our traditional wood boards. A board is not included. We have pictured this set on the 16" Magdalen board (sold separately), though it also looks great on any of our 18" boards.