Depicting the opposing sides of the American War of Independence, these pieces are cold-cast and stained to give an antique ebony/ivory finish.
- King: General George Washington
- Queen: Betsy Ross
- Bishops: Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson
- Knight: Marquis de Lafayette and Benedict Arnold
- Castle: Independence Hall, Philadelphia
- Pawn: Privates of the Third New Jersey Regiment
- King: King George III
- Queen: Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, wife of King George III
- Bishops: Sir William Howe and Frederick Lord North, Prime Minister to King George
- Knight: General Charles, Earl Cornwallis and Benedict Arnold
- Castle: Tower of London
- Pawn: Private of the Grenadier Company of the Coldstream Guards
Made from cold-cast powdered marble and resin in Somerset.