*Please note that we are only accepting applicants who fulfil the Kickstart scheme criteria, being 16-24 years old and currently on Universal Credit*
We’re looking for someone to join us for 25 hours a week for six months. We'll try and be as flexible on days and timings as possible for the right candidate.
You'll spend your time on the shop floor, primarily: helping customers, taking payments, unpacking deliveries, packing customer orders, replenishing the shop floor, and keeping the place looking neat and tidy.
When the shop floor is a little quiet, there is all sorts to get on with - what you do all depends on where your strengths lie. That might be social media posts, website updates, blog writing, chess set felting... there's always lots to do! We really value a self-starting attitude here.
- Be great with people, first and foremost. Friendly, chatty and happy to help! Keen to learn about our games... and a digital native, handy with an ipad and quick to learn new systems.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a willingness and keenness to learn! We’re very happy to teach you anything you need to know but don’t already, but you’ll need to be enthusiastic and hard-working.
- Be quick to try and find solutions, but ask if you can’t find them. You’ll come up with new ideas all the time, and be excited about trying and learning new things.
As a bonus, you’ll:
Be interested in games! Whether you’re obsessed with indie board games, rubiks cubes time trials, jigsaws, vintage collectible playing cards or more traditional games like chess and backgammon, it would be great if you had an interest in at least one of our product areas.
- Close knit team: there are just a few of us on the team at Hoyle’s and we’d love you to become part of the family. We want to help you succeed in whatever you go on to do after your time with us, so we’ll be helping plan your onward journey right from the get-go.
- We’re using the government’s Kickstart scheme - which offers reimbursement at minimum wage levels - to help us offer this role, but we will be raising the pay/hour to Living Wage of £10.31/hour for the full 6 months.
- Hefty staff discount on all of our products for yourself.
Next steps:Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. (Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so the sooner the better!) In your cover letter, please detail:
- A brief overview of your life experience to date: relevant education, professional experience, personal interest…
- What experience (however formally or informally you’ve gained it) you have in retail if any.
- Your future plans! What skills you’d like to gain during your time with us.
- Your interest in our range: are you more keen on traditional games or board games? Jigsaws or rubiks cubes? Please feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you see fit.
- Anything else you’d like us to know.
We look forward to hearing from you.