*Please note that we are only accepting applicants who fulfil the Kickstart scheme criteria, being 16-24 years old and currently on Universal Credit*
We have 2500+ lines in our product range and a lot of those come from independent suppliers, who don’t have high resolution imagery to provide us with. That’s where you come in! We’d love you to help us provide all our products with high resolution imagery to show them off: consistent, well arranged and edited. We also want you to liaise with our ecommerce executive to create collection photography to highlight our bestsellers on the website homepage. Lots to do!
We’re looking for someone to join us for 25 hours a week, ideally: we’re very happy to negotiate on what that looks like in terms of hours spent in the shop vs. remote working for the right candidate!
You’ll be spending your time:
- Taking great images, primarily. Creating stock photography of our products, starting with our bestsellers and those we source from independent suppliers without high resolution imagery of their own.
- Editing them: Making sure they’re cropped in all the right places, getting the lighting just right, and making it consistent across the collection.
- Labelling them: making sure all images are sized appropriately, labelled by sku and filed neatly.
- Creating imagery to accompany blogs, social media posts and collection pages. We’re also very receptive to more creative ideas!
- Be great with an iphone (10 or higher) camera - or any other high quality camera for that matter. We’ll be keen to see examples of your work.
- Be confident with editing apps: ideally, you’ll be a dab hand at Adobe Lightroom.
- Be efficient: these photos don’t need to win prizes, but do need to be consistent and high quality.
- Have great attention to detail: we need to make sure images don’t get mislabelled.
- Have a willingness and keenness to learn! If you don’t have Adobe Lightroom skills just yet but you’re a dab hand at some other simpler tool, tell us! We’re very happy to teach you anything you need to but don’t already know, but you’ll need to be enthusiastic and hard-working.
- Self-starter: if you need help, you’ll be quick to try and find solutions, but ask if you can’t find them. You’ll come up with new ideas all the time, and be excited about learning new things.
As a bonus, you’ll:
- Be interested in games! Whether you’re obsessed with indie board games, rubiks cubes time trials, jigsaws, vintage collectible playing cards or more traditional games like chess and backgammon, it would be great if you had an interest in at least one of our product areas.
- Have a keen interest in ecommerce! You’ll understand how Amazon and Ebay work, maybe Etsy and other platforms too.
- Be handy with Gmail and Google Drive generally.
- Close knit team: there are just a few of us on the team at Hoyle’s and we’d love you to become part of the family. We want to help you succeed in whatever you go on to do after your time with us, so we’ll be helping plan your onward journey right from the get-go with training: we’ll work with you to create a bespoke learning plan with this in mind, using external training programs and courses.
- We’re using the government’s Kickstart scheme - which offers reimbursement at minimum wage levels - to help us offer this role, but we will be raising the pay/hour to Living Wage for the full 6 months.
- Staff discount on all of our products.
- Regular breakfast catch-ups at one of our favourite spots nearby, as soon as lockdown is lifted!
- What photography experience and interest you have. Your future plans! What skills and portfolio you’d like to gain during your time with us. If you have anything you can show us of work you’ve done already, great! Please do send that over too.
- Your interest in our range: are you more keen on traditional games or board games? Jigsaws or rubiks cubes? Please feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you see fit.
- A brief overview of your experience to date: relevant education, professional experience, personal interest…
- Anything else you’d like us to know!