*Please note that we are only accepting applicants who fulfil the Kickstart scheme criteria, being 16-24 years old and currently on Universal Credit*
Our website is relatively new, with lots of our products still to add - that’s where you come in! We need help getting our inventory of 2500+ different products online, making sure everything has the right imagery, descriptions, tags, keywords etc… all in the right places.
We’re looking for someone to join us for 25 hours a week for six months. Sadly for the moment of course, everything will be online, but once lockdown is over we'd love you to spend at least one if not two full days a week with us in Oxford. We'll also try and be as flexible on days and timings as possible for the right candidate.
Once our products are online, you’ll be spending your time:
- Making the website look and function amazingly: whether that’s improving the homepage, getting a chatbot set up, improving the checkout process or creating curated editorial collections of products. The ecommerce world is your oyster!
- Reviewing core lines and best-selling products to ensure the online opportunity is maximised.
- Reviewing competitor activity and pricing to ensure we are in a strong market position.
- Build a trading plan based around key events, themes and seasons, including the creation and management of a promotional calendar.
- Be a digital native and handy with Excel.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a willingness and keenness to learn! We’re very happy to teach you anything you need to but don’t already know, but you’ll need to be enthusiastic and hard-working.
- Self-starter: if you need help, you’ll be quick to try and find solutions, but ask if you can’t find them. You’ll come up with new ideas all the time, and be excited about trying and learning new things.
As a bonus, you’ll:
- Be interested in games! Whether you’re obsessed with indie board games, rubiks cubes time trials, jigsaws, vintage collectible playing cards or more traditional games like chess and backgammon, it would be great if you had an interest in at least one of our product areas.
- Have a keen interest in ecommerce! You’ll understand how Amazon and Ebay work, maybe Etsy and other platforms too.
- Be handy with Gmail and Google Drive generally.
- Close knit team: there are just a few of us on the team at Hoyle’s and we’d love you to become part of the family. We want to help you succeed in whatever you go on to do after your time with us, so we’ll be helping plan your onward journey right from the get-go with training: we’ll work with you to create a bespoke learning plan with this in mind, using external training programs and courses.
- We’re using the government’s Kickstart scheme - which offers reimbursement at minimum wage levels - to help us offer this role, but we will be raising the pay/hour to Living Wage for the full 6 months.
- Staff discount on all of our products.
- Regular breakfast catch-ups at one of our favourite spots nearby, as soon as lockdown is lifted!
Please send us a CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st. In your cover letter, please detail:
- What ecommerce experience (however formally or informally you’ve gained it) and interest you have. Your future plans! What skills you’d like to gain during your time with us.
- Your interest in our range: are you more keen on traditional games or board games? Jigsaws or rubiks cubes? Please feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you see fit.
- A brief overview of your experience to date: relevant education, professional experience, personal interest…
- Anything else you’d like us to know!
We look forward to hearing from you.