Gothic chess pieces
Inspired by the style of the famous Isle of Lewis set. We recommend playing these pieces on an 18 - 20" board.
- King: Crowned and seated on a dragon motif panelled throne, with his left hand on the sword hilt (3.5" tall)
- Queen: Crowned and seated on celtic knotwork panelled throne, holding a flower
- Bishop: Mitred and kneeling on a panelled prayer chair
- Knight: Helmeted horseman with spear
- Castle: Square tower with a different relief on each side
- Pawn: Half lozenge shaped, with knot-work covering
Antique finish only, made from cold-cast powdered marble and resin in Somerset.
Due to being a hand painted artisan product, every set will be unique and your set will vary slightly in colour from the pictures on our website.
These playing pieces look beautiful on our traditional wood boards. A board is not included. Pictured on the 20" Oriel board (sold separately).